John 14:26 says the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My place, (to represent Me and act on My behalf), He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, or bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
Who Is The Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God,1 Corinthians 2:10,the third person of the Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). He is the Spirit of Jesus Acts 16:6-7. He is all Powerful, Eternal, all Knowing and Everywhere, and we must learn to trust Him because nothing that the Father and Son does is done without Him.
What Is The Role Of The Holy Spirit?
- The chief work of the Holy Spirit is to cause man to come to God. But His primary role is to bears “witness” of Jesus Christ John 15:26, John 16:1,1 Cor. 3:16
- After a person receive salvation He comes to live in of them in order to produce God’s character in that person. In John 3:5
- He convicts us (not condemn) believers and nonbelievers of sins. John 16:8 The Holy Spirit causes you to hate sin.
- He drives out that which is unholy and unrighteous within you and teaches you the truth. John 16:13
- He helps us when we don’t know what to pray. Romans 8:26
- We can come to the Father through the Spirit. Ephesians 2:18
- The Holy Spirit empowers Christians to perform ministerial duties that promote spiritual growth among Christians. Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4.
- He brings us freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17
- When we speak God’s truth the Holy Spirit confirms it. Romans 9:1
- He instructs us personally. Acts 8:29
- He encourages us. Acts 9:31
- He gives us inner strength. Ephesians 3:16
- He brings joy. 1 Thessalonians 1:6
- The Holy Spirit lives in us. 1 Corinthians 3:16
- The Holy Spirit gives us power to witness about Jesus. Acts 1:8
- God communicate with us through the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:9-10
- The Holy Spirit gives us gifts. 1 Corinthian 12:7-1
The bible tells us
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 4:3
- Do not quench the Holy Spirit Thessalonian 5:19