Jesus tells us In Matthew 24 verse 6 that we will hear of wars and rumors of wars see that we are not troubled, for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. I love the wording of the original Greek it says Be not disturbed (in other words, don’t wail, cry aloud, be frightened, alarmed or troubled in your mind) for it is necessary (EMPHASIS) all these things, to take place, but, not yet is the end.
As I pondered over this verse I asked myself, why are we the Believers in Christ disturbed by the signs of the times we are in? Didn’t Christ tell us beforehand that they will take place? Mat 24:25, and that they will be necessary. While the turn of events taking place might be sudden because we don’t know the exact time, they should never surprise the Believers because His words always come to pass.
These events tell us that our new lives are at hand: Jesus is about ready to come back for us, and we should be excited as we see the unfolding of things that delaying our Saviors return. Hallelujah! As we anticipate the arrival of our Savior, lets encouraging those who are growing weary. And since there are many who has not yet accepted Christ as Savior, we know we have work to do. It is still the will of the Father that none perish but be saved. 2 Peter 3:9. Those who lead many to righteousness, [will shine] like the stars forever and ever. Daniel 12:3
We must pray, watch and make ourselves ready even in the midst of enduring increasing evil, wickedness, and offense, for those things are designed to make us worry and fear. Despite all of this, we the Believers must not pull ourselves away, or go into hiding. Instead, we must go about doing the will of the Father as Jesus did, for we are the light of the world. Matthew 5:14-16 tells us, we should let our light shine before men, that they may see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven.
As we watch the events being fulfilled that Christ said is necessary, remember that fear, dread, and things like anxiety are symptoms of not being ready. And since death can only bring us Believers face to face with our Redeemer then we should never fear death. Instead, we must be ready as Mat 24:42 warns us, be watchful for we do not know what hour the Lord comes. Those who endure to the end shall be saved. Mat 24:13.
Key scriptures to remember.
- Rev1:7 Jesus return will not be in secret. Every eye will see Him.
- Mat 24:30 All the peoples of the earth will see Him coming on the clouds of heaven.
- Mat 24:5 Many will claim to be the Christ.
- Mat 24:23, 26 If anyone tells you Jesus is anywhere on the earth you are being deceived, do not go Jesus warns.
- Mat 24:24 Not every sign and wonder will be genuine, but many will be by deceived by them.
- Mat 24:36 Only the Father in heaven knows the day the world will end.
- Mat 24:4-26 Jesus tells us the signs; what to look for.
- Rev 13:16 A system will be set up leaving those alive with 2 options. Take the mark and live, don’t take it and die.
- Rev 13:16-17 Contrary to what some doctrine teaches, you will not be forced, the choice will be yours.
- Rev 13:16-17 Desperate people will take a mark of the beast. They will never be forgiven.
- Rev 14:9-12 Anyone receiving his mark will be condemned to the lake of fire; there is no repentance after making that decision.
If you feel lost, is searching for truth, or is concern about your eternal destination the bible offers truth to the way of salvation. It tells us that Jesus is the only way to be saved. One day God is going to end all the evil. This earth will be destroyed, a new one created and those who are saved will live forever with God in that new earth. Those who are not saved will be tormented forever in a lake of fire. Romans 10:9-10 Says, that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation. Its a simple process but must be done genuinely from the heart. If you don’t know what to say we offer a simple prayer below.
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Father, I am a sinner, but I believe Jesus died on the cross to save me and is alive because You raised Him from the dead. So, Lord, I surrender my heart to Him from this moment, so that He can come in as Lord and lead me into a righteous life; one that will please You. Please Forgive me of my sins, and teach me Your way from this moment on in Jesus name. Amen.